Whitesnake

It was really a long time ago since I went to a concert. I've missed quite a few that were sold out (like Guns'n'Roses), but anyway. Went to the Helsinki Icehall yesterday evening, and heard a few minutes some Finnish band playing old hard rock covers, like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, etc. The funny part was that there was one base player - and the rest of the guys played accordions (I believe)! I gotta check out their name somewhere!
Whitesnake started about 9pm with Burn with some parts of Stormbringer in it, i.e. old Deep Purple songs. Unfortunately one could immediately hear that David Coverdale had major problems with his voice, and had to sing the songs differently. He did scream bravely through the concert (I could almost feel his pain), but of course many songs lost a lot, not having his wonderful voice in shape. The rest of the band played really well, though, and the audience was quite satisfied. Called Ahle, but he was already leaving, and couldn't join us. I had a beer (well, a cider) with Helge and Lennart, who had also been in the concert. Incredible evening, I was at home around 1am, and it was 22C! And the temperature was the same when I woke up at 0520am...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home