HeGes and Sirpas memory backup

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Amsterdam

Familia
When somebody says Netherlands to me I usually remember two things, bikes and dog shit. Actually, the latter one I remember from Hague, and didn't really see that much of it in Amsterdam. But bikes, oh yes, huge amounts of them! Too bad I didn't have too much time to walk around, because the city is really beautiful, and it was really warm, probably closer to 30C (just like in Finland, actually!).

Familia
Anyway, I flew there on Thursday, July 6th, where I met my collegue Marko. We checked in at the Lloyd Hotel, a quite special hotel with some parts looking like a hostel (and the people, too), but then some parts looking really good. We arrived in the evening, checked in, and went to the Mansion Hotel, where the was a "pre-conference cocktail party" and met with lots of great people.

Familia
On Friday we then gave a presentation of our solution at TheNextWeb conference. It was really fun and we received great feedback.
I really wish I'd had time to stay for the evening, because there was a great bunch of people going to the conference party, and the city was filled with people enjoying themselves in all those outdoor cafes and restaurants. I really should get back to Amsterdam with some more time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home