Seattle

I flew to Seattle after San Francisco and spent 1.5 days there. They still haven't been able to open the Monorail. It has been out since the crash about a year ago. Embarrasing for the city. And it was a little rainy, as usual. But otherwise I must say I like Seattle - a lot! There's of course the Public (Fish) Market with all the great fish on display, and great small places like The Market Grill, with cheap, but good fish dishes.

But there's all kind of strange and even weird stuff in the market, too. And surprisingly in the street a guy with a piano - playing very well. But that's just a lot of fun, a good variety of things to experience. The best thing about Seattle is - apart from all the Starbuck's :-) - all the really nice and friendly people. Starting from the guys I met for business, and continuing with the people I meet when I went out.

The best experience this time was "Matt's In The Market", a small great place with a very friendly personnel, very nice customers, and great food. And Matt seemed to have everything in stock... Had (among others) a great duck patee, tasted something that wasn't port but tasted so (allthough a little lighter), got to taste a very good Valpolicella Ripasso from a customer, just because I gave some room for their party - and had a very good time! The Robot guys recommended me this place, and I am truly grateful for that! They also recommended me a place called Alibi Room for a drink afterwards, but I'll have to go there - next time.

The best part was still waiting for me. At the Seattle airport I didn't get any seat number when checking in, so I got a little worried. And yes, I heard that there was some severe overbookings, which they had to solve. Well, in my case they solved it by upgrading me to Business Class on SAS, which wasn't bad. The best if course all that legroom, the electrically controlled chair that you can find an excellent position in. But of course there's the great service, all the good food (there was a great 4-course meal)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home