SFO and Sausalito

You might not be that surprised that I spent some time in the San Francisco area... It's almost becoming "another home" for me. That's why I don't have that many pictures from SFO area this time - I didn't have much spare time, and I've seen most things in the center. Anyway, the trip started well, because I received an upgrade from Hertz. It was a Pontiac Grand Prix that actually looked quite nice, but like most US cars, it was not a driver's car, and the engine only sounded like it was potential - nothing really happened when stepping on the throttle. 3.6L engine and 240 (or 280Hp). Disappointing...

And I received an upgrade on the Hilton, too. A Junior Suite again, but not as huge as last time (that was almost too much). Otherwise there was not that much (new) to tell about SFO. I had a fantastic creme brulee (but a terrible picture) at Roy's, but otherwise is was mostly meetings and/or working/testing in the hotel room. 7am - midnight, basically. Well, you do see some funny signs every now and then. And the garage at Hilton is kinda special.

I had a meeting in Sausality, just on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. Small and cozy, beautiful place, nice restaurants, with a view over the bay towards San Francisco. And some house boats. So close, and I had never been there before. And you can get there with a ferry. Highly recommended for a day trip.

And lastly, just some drawings on the wall in the Hilton garage, quite nice, actually.

1 Comments:
Sausalito is really charming. A nice balade by bicycle from sf over the goldengate bridge: perfect for a sunday morning.
By
flying hopes, at 11:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home