A couple of days in Paris

Spent a couple of days in Paris at the LeWeb3 conference, this time just attending. The conference was held at Salle Equinoxe, somewhere in the southern part of Paris and no, I don't know Paris, and I have no idea where I was :-) Some interesting low-flying objects they've got there, I must say...
Anyway, the metro is great, so I found my way to the conference (end-station Balard) and to my hotel (dropped off at station Opera and then 3 stations left), no problem. Unfortunately I can't say I saw anything about Paris, really, just something out of the window of the taxi on Monday night. Well, maybe next time! I all saw an invalid station :-)
The conference was ok, but it became sometimes a little too French for me (and for quite a few bloggers out there, too), and they also changed the programme completely, totally ad hoc. So, when I walked to the conference on the second day I was wondering why there were millions of policemen everywhere, until I remembered that there had been some rumours of some very influential surprise quests. So what did we get to see and hear? Well, first there was Shimon Perez, whom you might recognize from Israel :-)
And then there was Jose Barroso, President of the European Comission. Where Shimon Perez actually tried to come up with something not only political, I think Baroso failed quite totally, and the audience wasn't very happy. He also tried to speak English quite bravely, though. But the dullness aside, it was of course somewhat exciting to be in the same hall as those guys, which probably won't happen ever again.
The conference party was held in a nightclub called La Bodega, which opened a few days earlier just because of us, i.e. official "launch" for the nightclub was a few days after we were there. Oh, and this picture is actually from the conference center, although you might not first believe it.

1 Comments:
Welcome to Paris ! I recognise the place. You walked by the head quarter of the Air army : They have an original Mirage 2000 and a Alpha et on the other side: As a kid I walked by and dreamt to become a pilot :-)) ... so did many other kids ...
By
flying hopes, at 4:58 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home