Some restaurants and parties

I had dinner at the Firefly on February 12th, which was a very nice place on 4288 24th street.
I remember this Korean restaurant just around the corner of the Fillmore mostly from the fact that I was sitting there all night waiting for a telco to end - which it didn��t - so I missed the concert with Robin Trower (whom I��ve never seen live). Fuuuuuu...n - not!
The Fly Trap on 606 Folsom St was definitely much better than what the name indicated. We had dinner there with some friends on Feb 19th, before goin to the Nokia GDC party at the Supper Club on 657 Harrison st.
The day after that it was time to go to The Grand Cafe with some (potential) customers, and after that to the Great American Music Hall to see Skid Row at a sponsored (i.e., all drinks free - again) party.
When I came home in the morning I saw this sign in the elevator, and I had a good laugh.The day after that - or later that day - Paul from Meetro threw a party at their HQ on 78 1st, same procedure as the earlier nights that week. Pretty cool crowd.
The day after thay (Feb 22nd), a blogger called Ewan MacLead threw a party at his amazing penthouse apartment up on Nob Hill. Much less people, more sophisticated, but very good, too.
The day after that it was time for dinner with friends at the Maverick (3316 17th st), which is probably one of the best restaurants I can remember :-) so far. No, seriously, very good, not only "price-performance".
And the day after that dinner with Paavo from Valve at the Grand Pu Bah.
And the day after that Tuomo was in town with his sons, so we went out with him and Antoine to the Asqew Grill on 3350 Steiner, a place with some reasonably priced food, for a change.
The signs in the restroom were priceless!
And the day after that to Grand Pu Bah again, this time for drinks, related to Markus��(3rd from the right) farewell party.And after that, well, for some reason an old man was suddenly feeling very tired. But it was worth it, quite a fanastic 1.5 weeks, or so (or whatever :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home