HeGes and Sirpas memory backup

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lots of restaurants

One thing that we did a lot during the week was going to restaurants. We went to MoMo��s on Friday, a place Sirpa likes - not only for the Creme Brulee.

We went to the Beach Chalet a Saturday, a place we visited together many years ago, when Sirpa was in SFO for the first time. No massive Margaritas this time :-)
On Sunday we were out in the wine country and went to a charming place called Glenn Ellen Inn, which had a quite funny and over-polite polish butler.
Earlier during the day we were at Sand Dollar Restaurant Bar, which is a great place for brunch, BTW.
On Monday we walked to CoCo500, a place that was very popular during the dot.com era - but also survived it. I��m not that impressed by the place, but it is stylish, and the food is good, although the "price/performance" is not that good.
On Tuesday... oh, yeah, we went out with Niko and Sirpa to Roy��s, a place I used to go to when I was travelling to SanFran in my previous work. I like their Hawaian Fusion style.
On Wednesday we were out in Palo Alto, and had dinner at the Fish Market. I��ve been there a couple of times, and ����m not that impressed, but I still go back there. I don��t know why....
Thursday... Gordon Biersch, a place a few blocks from me with decent food, lots of people, but always a free spot somewhere around the bar, if nowehere else. And I always find a place to park.
On Friday we went to Grand Pu Bah, which is just around the corner from my offices, this close to where I live, too. A quite good Thai place.

Saturday and XYZ in the W hotel. It��s a popular place for people to meet up and continue drinking into the night, but the restaurant is quite good, too. In fact, it��s is the forst restaurant that I have been in for quite a while that served something that I actually thought was good. And that was their dessert, a truly fabulous cheese plate.
And that - I think - concludes our week out in restaurants. Phew!

Oh, one last note. I have to find out what this thing about wine prices is. I��ve written about Californian wines, which can be quite expensive even if they are quite crappy. Then sometimes it��s quite the opposite. Like here, a decent Australian wine. The normal price in the Wholefoods store was $8.99, but now they were on sale - so you received two bottles for $8.99 instead. That��s $4.50/bottle, which is ���3.10/bottle - now, that is cheap! Let��s hope it��s still drinkable i.e., that it hasn��t been in the window (i.e., sun) for the last couple of years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home