HeGes and Sirpas memory backup

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Grungin' Seattle

SeattleStarbucks
Next stop was Settle, flying there on Match 15th. It was my first time in Seattle, the home of Starbucks, but I must say I liked the city. Especially after New York, which I don't like, because it's too big and hectic for me. OK, lots of attractions, I can't deny that. Seattle is small, manageable, people are nice, and there's still a lot to see.

SeattleMarket
It was raining when I walked to the Public Market, but that's the way it should be. After all, this was Seattle - famous also for the rain. It was my first time in Seattle, and I must say I liked it, especially because of the great seafood available, but also for the other attractions and shops. But seafood, yum, yum! I walked along 1st street, the back along the piers, and back to the hotel.

SpaceNeedle
Seattle has some strange looking buildings, another just next to my splendid Mayflower hotel, and most famous of them is probably the Space Needle. Here you get really magnificient views of Seattle - and probably even better on a sunny day... Oh, another strange building. I had dinner at Dahlia Lounge, where the food was great, (allthough not cheap), but the place was so dark that no photos of the food was taken. I should upgrade my phone...

And what about the grunge? Well, nothing this time, although I have to admit I asked some guys for places with hard rock bands and/or good guitar players. And nothing on a Thursday, apparently. Well, maybe next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home