
My flight to Rome departed on Sunday night and I arrived in Rome on Monday night. We had the Nokia Games Summit there, as well as management and other meetings. It was my first time in Rome and I had hoped to see a little more than the conference building, but it was pretty nice.

Nothing wrong with the hotel would be quite an understatement. But we had the worst rain and storms in Rome in 50 years, so the few pictures I have showing good weather was during mid-day. Every afternoon and evening the city became a swimming pool. Basically, when the water usually falls down from above, it poured in from every angle. People walking 6 feet in the rain could as well have gone swimming, and this is no kidding!

After that it looked very nice again.

We did have some astonishly good dinner, and even pizza tasted very good when I tried it once.

The conference was very good (again), and as always there was a gala in a castle, this time in Castle D´Angelo.

Very beautiful. We had some "holy shit" almost-disaster things happening there with the weather, but everybody is alive, so I won´t go into details of that here.

Do you remember Eurythmics? There was a lady called Annie Lennox. This is not her. There was also a guy called Dave Stewart. That´s him. I´ve had him playing next to me at dinner, and have sung (shortly) when he was playing the guitar, so I guess I am famous now :-) It was pretty cool, actually. And I saw (and heard :-) Cindy Gomez, too.

The "wine cellar" in one restaurant. Bottles on the wall, next to the ceiling. Anyway, I have been in Rome and seen almost nothing of it, but had an unmemorable time, nevertheless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home