Greetings and appointments
There is this guy at the reception/security in our office building who is a little different than other receptionists. The first time he was there I couldn´t really see him, because the corner where he was sitting was pretty dark, and he is extremely ... um, dark, too.
So I was a little surprised when I heard a greeting, and expecially when it was saying "How´ya doin, bro´?". That was pretty laid back for a greeting, I would say.
Well, we greeted each other every morning, and suddenly some days later he greeted me with "What´s up chief?". A few days later it was "How´s´it going´, boss?", and then "Good morning, boss!".
Something had clearly changed, but I don´t know if it´s good or bad. Normally, if somebody starts calling you "boss", you have gone up in the ranks. But on the other hand, of somebody calls you "brother", that could mean quite a lot, too.
Hm...
So I was a little surprised when I heard a greeting, and expecially when it was saying "How´ya doin, bro´?". That was pretty laid back for a greeting, I would say.
Well, we greeted each other every morning, and suddenly some days later he greeted me with "What´s up chief?". A few days later it was "How´s´it going´, boss?", and then "Good morning, boss!".
Something had clearly changed, but I don´t know if it´s good or bad. Normally, if somebody starts calling you "boss", you have gone up in the ranks. But on the other hand, of somebody calls you "brother", that could mean quite a lot, too.
Hm...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home