HeGes and Sirpas memory backup

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Preparations in SanFran on Aug 4-9

I spent my last week in San Francisco before actually moving there, in the beginning of August. It was becoming quite hectic with learning my new job and getting right into the action, preparing for re-locating to SanFran, as well as migrating my old work duties. That's when I saw this dog on Union Square, and I'll try remember this picture every time when I feel stressed. No worries! I had some time to walk around and enjoyed the Sir Francis hotel, as well as had a look at the fire brigade driving around.

Rob had arranged a farewell party at the Grand Pubah, where quite a good bunch of people had showed up. We were actually supposed to go for dinner with Riku, which we finally did around 10pm. We were in for some pasta, but the food at Calzone on Columbus St was unfortunately quite terrible. I had much better food at another Italian place nearby, called Trattoria Pinocchio. Fortunately it was not only about farewell parties, but also about a birthday - happy birthday Miikka!

Fortunately I did get some fantastic food during the week, too, thanks to Gregory, who took me to Lulu on 4th and Folsom. The roasted oysters you see here was a great started, the Tuna was delicious, and the dessert was just lovely. Citizen Thai at Columbus was good, too. I just happen to like the Thai coconut soup a lot, and this entree was not only good but also looked great. And the Tuesday morning fruit at work is definitely something I will enjoy!

I flew (back) via Munich, which I will remember from the great cars on display, like this Audi S5, the porn shops (no, I did not check them out :-) and the free coffee. The United terminal in SanFran was quite the opposite...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home